This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

I'm finally done with my paper. Not as good as I would have liked it to be but I realised somewhere halfway in that i had written on the wrong topic and needed to change it. *sigh* long story. I mean why on earth do chinese name their movements �����˶�and �����˶���They're so easily mistaken for each other.

I still have a ton of stuff due either tonight or tomorrow. But just a quick comment i guess.
On God:
I think everyone knows my views on god by now. I believe in God I just don't really believe in the church. I agree about the huge disparity between the old and new testament Gods, and I also think it's strange that at the same time there is a disparity, and the church admits it, there is also this idea that God is eternal and unchanging. Definitely a logical paradox. I would go to bible school to learn more and figure out more and work out all my problems and answers but even in church they keep telling me, you should have faith, or it's just because, or it's his big plan. and things like that. I suspect I'd get kicked out of bible college for asking questions.

I think that was where my huge disparity with the church began, because for them asking questions was a sign of disbelief or of doubt and for me it was a sign of faith of intelligence. I'd rather try and understand everything and work out all my problems with it than rely on blind faith because I've seen where that path leads.

SS, I think most of us are like that btw, finding your own church? maybe the reason why we don't have our own church is because our beliefs don't require us to have one. We believe in God but we don't believe in many of the stringent rules on behavior, we don't believe in running out to convert everybody on sight, why else do we need a church? For support on beliefs and for a community? We have that. Our friends are that who are, for the most part mostly like us with similar beliefs :-p Something to think about anyway.

No comments: