This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Apartment hunting.

I'm feeling guilty about only seeing one apartment in my hunt and then deciding on it.

To be fair I've scanned and called dozens of possibilities on the lists before I went to see this one. Having already put down the first months deposit with the application, I find myself reviewing the pros and cons of this apartment.

Pros:

Location. Literally cross two streets and I'm at the T (subway for non boston people). Which means if I ever want to get anywhere it should be easy. In addition, the supermarket is a block or two away which means easy access to groceries. Oh and the place I work should be a 20 min or so walk. (1.2 km away or so). In addition there are two great streets just down the road with plenty of shops, cafes, restaurants and what not.

Security: 24 hour guy at desk so no one can just waltz in or out. Add that to near the T so I don't have to walk alone at night. A single girl in boston can not be too careful.

Mail: gets accepted. Yay for not having to wait at home for packages

Full kitchen: nice fridge, counter, sink, cabinets. Not sure if there'll be space for all my stuff but nice anyway

Closet space: seems ample. although i'm going to have to make up some of that with storage space since the apartment is so small


Cons:

TINY. How can an apartment be smaller than the one I had in tokyo. I mean the sq feet area is the same and the bath room is tineier so where did all the space go? I won't have to get any furniture... none of it will fit!

Rent: extremely high. well, i've been told that's nowhere near extreme and that its actually pretty good for what i get but still, cheaper would have been nicer. At this rate i'm not sure i'll have any savings.

*sigh* decisions decisions

No comments: