This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I found a new song I like. It's called 想念你的歌. I just like the words.

In other news, I'm busy at work again. I like my job and all but sometimes I wonder if there's anything more to life. Sometimes it just seems as though life in its whole is like being in an ant farm. There must be more than this but you just can't see it, and all you have in front of you is the usual paths and things that everyone else is doing and so you do it too.

When I was in Singapore, I felt trapped in by society, by family, by expectations. Strangely enough, out of Singapore, with the whole world at my feet and really anywhere that I can go, I don't feel any more free. Or maybe I am free but suddenly realize that there's no place else to go. No cage to break out of, but no larger world to break into either. I can't even tell you what I'm looking for. I have everything I want... rewarding work, challenge, enough pay to live comfortably, friends, a life.

So yet while there's nothing I want, there's a quiet yearning for something more, something different, something better that doesn't exist.

2 comments:

SM said...

Try reading this; what do you think?

http://www.oikono.com/wordpress/?p=146

SM said...

oops should have made it an active link.

http://www.oikono.com/wordpress/?p=146