This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Sunday, December 21, 2003

Yeah for those of you who don�t already know I sprained my ankle two days before I was supposed to fly out from Japan. And changing planes when you can barely walk.. correction limp or hop, is NOT fun. Lol. Actually hobbling around town trying to run all my last minute errands was interesting too. If you actually take the whole ancient Chinese thing that interesting is a curse rather than a blessing :-p. Anyhow, since I�m suffering from a lack of blogging out here in the hinterlands of Kuching. Here goes:

On Thai Airways: I have to admit the food was good even if the plane wasn�t. I mean I actually finished their noodles.. but the really taker? Nama Wa Gashi for tea!!!!! That�s the made that very day version of Japanese dessert that is served with tea ceremonies. Yummy.

On Leaving Japan: It�s barely been a week and I�m suffering from food withdrawal. I NEED the healthy eating clean cut kind of food I was getting.. eek. In addition there�s also shopping and karaoke withdrawal but to a much less degree. I also miss my friends from there Waaaay too much, more than I�m supposed too since I don�t miss my friends at brown that much despite not having seen them for almost a year rather than a week. So if anyone tells you absence makes the heart grow fonder, kick them in the shins. Actually there�s a perfectly logical explanation that I KNOW I�m going to see my brown friends again and I might not ever see my KCJS friends again but�.. at the moment that�s not helping.. much.

On Kuching: There�s definitely less and less to do everytime I come here. :-p I mean I�ve done all the touristy things.. about a million times. So there�s not much left to do or buy. And while I like most of the people here.. well let�s just say I learnt some interesting lessons that not everyone here has learnt like even if the place you live in is small, your world doesn�t have to be small. I suppose it�s a good reminder to have. The interesting thing is that ultimately whether you�re in small town in Malaysia or in America is that it�s so easy to get caught up in the little issues and think that just because these are the important things to your life they are to everyone else. Maybe not just small town people but everybody has to watch to fall into this trap. Not that personal little things aren�t important but I think it�s a matter of learning to be large with your heart so that little things that are praise or helping others become important but little complaints are forgotten.

No comments: