This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Monday, August 09, 2004

I was thinking about one of the quotes that stuck in my head from Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett.

The three witches of the story had just been trapped in a tower by the "good" Fairy Godmother. and one of them remarked that "I'd have killed us" to which another replied that that's because she was basically good.

"The good are innocent and create justice. The bad are guilty, which is why they invent mercy."

Beware of those who are good? I don't know. I was just thinking of more like beware of those who think they are good... raising the crusades.. and far more recently, the iraq war as examples.

For the non-Christians out there, this is your cue to stop reading. Please don't get the wrong impression of religion from my thoughts. :-p

We all feel that we can do anything because we walk in path of the Lord, but what if the path we're walking is not really the one that God wants us to walk but only the one that we think He wants us to walk?

For me, I guess my answer is that I couldn't live with thinking of God as a stern, unforgiving and war-like God, so I'll take my chances with believing in my version of the gentler kindly God. So if I am wrong and God does think I'm damned for being but a lukewarm christian and not converting by the sword or even evangelizing then I'd deal with that because I don't think I could live with the sterner image of God as my personal God nor would I be able to live with myself as someone who held to those harsher beliefs - not and still hang on to my sanity that is :-p

No comments: