This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Its Friday afternoon and half my desk is gone. Correction: More than half my desk. Apparently it just so happens that some people are travelling, others are at meetings or long lunches or at the gym.

People here work the job rather than the hours. I guess that means that if they're going to put in 15 hour days then they're entitled to leave during the down time if they want. It's a pretty good work environment I guess- minus me of course, who is at the moment bored because I've finished my last asssignments. In fact, I'm on my fourth revision of my second project when I only really needed to do one. Mostly I'm doing it out of boredom and just to see how far I can push it.

What the 'it' in question is, is a model to throw out the best level of investment with the least over collatralization model if you key in the exchange rate, base level of investment wanted and the put price of the securitiy. Of course, me being the bored soul I am, added a whether you wanted the results to be accurate to the original slot in my second revision, a how accurate you want your results to be range slot in my third revision and now in my fourth, I'm automating the process so that the model guesses how accurate you want it to be based on the size of the figure you key in. I swear boredom is literally driving me up the wall. From math geek to computer programming tendencies... this must be some kind of alternate world and definitely alternate me.

5 more hours to go before I can legitimately leave the office.


No comments: