This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Katamari

1. I've been addicted to Katamari very recently. For those not in the know, its a game where the objective is to roll a ball of items as big as possible. In the beginning, when you have a small ball, most items won't stick to your ball and are instead obstacles, but as you go on and it gets bigger, you can roll chairs, desks, people, trees and houses into your ball. Sounds simple but its frighteningly addictive... so much so that my thumbs now ache from the effort.

2. The anime I've been following, Honey & Clover, just came out with the last episode. *quiet sigh* I particuarly liked it because it had real life characters and not anime ones... if you ever watched as much anime as I did you would probably know what I was talking about. And true to real life characters and real life, there are no certainties in this series, no sure happy endings. But like life (another thing that is frighteningly addictive), I want it to carry on just a little longer.

3. At work, I'm in the middle of reading the funniest complaint I've ever read. I nearly started laughing out loud in my cubicle, but caught myself just in time. Wouldn't do for my co-workers to start thinking I'm crazy already. (They can get that when they've known me for a while longer). I love American law. It's just much more entertaining this way. The complaint and the response to it aren't tied down in that much legal language, or at least it makes fun reading. Fun reading? a law document? you ain't read these ones. They sound like Ally McBeal in writing. The lawyers use words like "just plain out ridiculous" and "hemorrhage cash and red ink". Seriously, I always thought Ally McBeal was made up but reading these documents, now I want to see a real court trial.

4. I started the Bloomberg certification program over the weekend, where I get a cert to learn how to use bloomberg. This means that Lady Red and the other J now think I'm weird because I go back to work on Sunday for fun. Am I addicted to work? My friends here seem to think so but then I don't feel like I'm approaching anywhere near the normal Singaporean level of work and learning. I think with the amount of subliminal messages and not so subliminal messages we've gotten telling us that learning is good and that we should work hard, I don't work quite as hard as they're telling me to work. Or maybe it's leftover college guilt. In college, work is never quite done. Playing is always a guilty pleasure because there's always homework, thesis, study to be done outside of classes. All of a sudden, all I have to do outside of work is chores. I'd much rather work than clean. The sad thing is it might be that I'd much rather work than play too. The other J has already thrice offered me a job in his company if he ever has one under the impression that I'd make a great employee. Maybe I should eventually work for myself.

No comments: