This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Monday, January 03, 2005

How to explain my long absence.. almost a month from blogging. Hmmm...

Alright I guess to begin with I should really blame it all on finals. This semester i had 35 pages to complete in a really short amount of time, so after madly madly writing papers and doing exams for finals I was burnt out of writing and its taken me this long to recover.... well, almost.

So what happened while I was in my lazy funk of not blogging? Well, J and A came down to visit providence, and we went around providence eating lots of Japanese food which is unavailible in Chicago apparently. We also went shopping at lots of arty stores around the neighbourhood. Providence is a decidedly arty sort of town.

D is down for a hoilday visit these two weeks, and we went down to new york to see J and A. Toured the statue of liberty, which i think is overrated, being the amount of fuss we had to go through to get near. But as you're lining up to get to the ferry... well actually the security checkpoint before you get to the ferry to get to the island, there are a bunch of street performers that busk, and this one guy upon hearing that we were from singapore started playing the majullah singapura. Now that's amazing - memorizing the probably forty or so different national anthems of the countries that people who tour here probably come from.

Other highlights of that trip included eating sidewalk hotdogs and chinatown which is much bigger than boston's Chinatown. Unfortunately I also got sick upon coming back. Very Very Very sick. I only just got better and still can't eat anything spicy or fried. At one point my fever was so high I was delirious and its actually interesting hearing what I was saying because I was at that state where I knew what I was saying didn't quite make sense but I had to say it anyway. I think I scared D.

In other news, I've signed my contract. I now officially have a job and am done with recruiting. I just have to get through next semester passably and survive. That, is actually easier said than done. Although before this year I would have said that was easy, this semester has shown me that you can't really do more than one thing at one time - recruiting took a lot out of my semester so this has been academically the worse semester i've had. Recruiting is really a second job. Doing that and studying is hell. However, even though that's done with, I still have to get my work visa, find housing in Boston and MOVE next semester. I don't relish the prospect.

But well, if any of you want to come visit Boston... you'll have somewhere to stay? if you don't mind sleeping on my couch that is. Offer not open to complete strangers. My juniors here in Brown are already planning to come stayover after shopping trips.... (I'm thinking of charging baked goods... come stay if you bring me a meeting-street cookie or a cake or...)

Oh and last but definitely not least, this note goes out to S, thanks so much for your concern, I got it when I was sick so I'm sorry I didn't reply more promptly. :-)


No comments: