This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

My computer is dying... and I don't know how to save or replace it.

To start with, I have an IBM thinkpad and it's about 3 and a half years old now, which means that the warranty is expired. Lately, I'm having trouble getting the screen to turn on. The computer works but the screen display is black. In order to solve this problem, I have rather uningeniously decided that I should turn off and on the computer multiple times until the screen works. Remarkably, after about 20 times it does. The sad part is, I'm not sure what makes the screen work the 20th time so its not repeatable.

Right now I'm praying for my computer to work for another 9 or 10 more months. At least till I get my new apartment and can buy a new one.. somehow I get the feeling my hopes are in vain.

Damned. I need my computer everyday to work on my thesis too. *sigh*

No comments: