This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

It's been a harder than usual first week of school here for me. Part of it is that I'm not feeling so great so having to gather up the motivation to do a whole 'nother semester of school is definitely harder than usual in face of the fact that I didn't get much winter break to play with.

Another is the necessity of having to do classes that have nothing to do with how much I'm interested in the topic but everything to do with requirements. I think I'm definitely burnt out at least where motivation is concerned - but it's hard to tell, how much of this can be blamed on the fact that I'm unwell (and would therefore go away) and how much of this is going to stay with me the whole semester.

It would be a hard semester if this goes on.

On a brighter note, the Singaporeans here are trying to organize a lecture and discussion on key issues in Singapore such as the malay dilemma, free speech and democracy in Singapore. Of course we know that we might either have to scale down the topics being discussed or it might not happen at all (to please the powers that be) but it is a start and an exciting one. More updates to come as plans on that firm up.

No comments: