This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

M and F came up to Boston thursday night, so in a hastily arranged fashion, we decided to meet for Dinner at Penang and satisfy F's chicken rice craving. Being vegetarian however, M was pretty much restricted to the fried rice.

I was particuarly amused by the waitress who doubtfully turned to F and asked "Have you had chicken rice before?" and oozing disbelief at F's yes answer (F doesn't look very Asian at all being only 1/4 chinese. She looks more european from her portugese side.)The waitress then warned "It's room temperature not hot.", before going off to place the order.

All this was made even funnier because after the chicken rice came, F promptly started complaining about how there was no ginger sauce or dark soy sauce (her favourite parts) and asking how come they didn't serve soup along with the chicken rice. Her purist conclusion was that she still had to go to Singapore to get good chicken rice.

So after a late night out with the girls, M came over to crash at my place and we woke up at 6am to get breakfast before going off to work. I was in the office at 7.30am and didn't leave till 7.30pm. My lunch break consisted of 15 min at my computer somewhere around 3.30pm. Trust me, a 12 hour work day is not fun after too little sleep. I had a splitting headache most of the day and was mostly just trying to last through the day without giving away the fact that I wasn't functioning at top form. I hope no one noticed my silence at the meetings or misunderstood and thought I was disinterested or anything. Honestly, if I could think, I'd have been more participatory.

But now it is the long weekend and I have yet more errands to run. Haymarket here I come! What adventures shall I have today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*lol* I love reading you, you're so hilariously entertaining!