This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The perils of living alone...

Is occasionally having to put up with the weirdest incidents. Last Sunday, after a long hard week at work, I decided to go downtown - a trip that landed me in Chinatown on my way back shopping the Asian supermarkets.

Now Chinatown in Boston is not exactly the safest place in the world, but being of a decidedly Asian look, I've never really considered myself in much of any danger there. Of course I'm also not willingly going to go there after dark. So therefore this incident took me a little by surprise.

Five minutes in to Grocery Shopping I realized I had a shadow. A middle-aged mild quiet looking sort of guy was following me wherever I went. As I moved between the aisles the guy would follow somewhat behind. The thing is that I was more amused by this than afraid. It took him half an hour to finally get up the courage to talk to me which I naturally ended the conversation as soon as I could. After about ten more minutes of pointless shadowing me across the supermarket, I began to get a little creeped out. It was at that point that I paid, got out and brisked walked my way out of Chinatown and into the T station as fast as I could. (I lost him at the cashier since he had to pay after me)

These things never happen to me in Providence!

No comments: