This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Clicked on the buy button...

For the basics of my PC, now just hoping that it will get to me on time for my brother to get it fixed before I have to move out.

Still missing: harddrive, graphics card, peripherals.

Also need to buy a digital camera, being that I need one deserately to take photos of my friends before we all part. However, here's the question. Canon has a really cheap camera and printer bundle that would set me back a light 80 bucks. However, canon also has a TERRIBLE reputation for customer service and faults with its cameras. My hardly used S45 broke down after barely a year. And do not buy an ixus because of something called E18 which basically renders your camera useless since fixing it probably costs more than a new camera. (*lol* on a slightly pokey note, good thing I'm talking about a corporation instead of a government body.. scully they sue me for *gasp* libel)

So the question is should I get a different brand instead, paying more on the assumption that it would last me longer. *sigh* The problem is paying more really means 3 or 4 times the price. And the camera plus printer thing seems like a good deal since if you think about it, I would essentially be getting either the printer or the camera for free. (Nevermind the fact that I don't really need a new printer)

Of course, deal or not if a new camera dies after one month or a few weeks I'd be severely pissed.

No comments: