This Blog is about

love. work. play. stress. learning. failing. succeding. laughing. crying. Basically, Life.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Done.

I'm done with school and now, at the beginning of the monumental task of Packing with a capital P. How does one accumultate so much stuff?

The good thing is that the company will actually pack for me if I want to but I kind of like knowing where everything is.

By the way, does anyone have any ideas on how to disguise the wooden frame of my futon. It's actually a nice pine like colour but all the other wood in my house will be dark wood so I either have to stain the wood (which I have never done before and thus might go wrong) or I have to find some way to disguise it. It's mostly the two arms on the side that are going to be the problem. Ideas?

5 comments:

enforced equanimity said...

Put one of those cloth things that hangs down the sides and covers the legs? A shade of dark maroon should go well with the rest of your lacquer...

wandering.girl said...

do they sell those? what do they look like? or do I just go to spotlight and get one looooong strip of cloth? :-p

Anonymous said...

Whee! Rare day when Blogger lets me comment! Yeah I think that's a good idea; alternatively you could cover it with cushions (not those small ones, but ones you can drape across the sides). You get the added benefit of being able to use your hard wooden handles as some kind of head rest or armrest comfortably.

enforced equanimity said...

I kmow my mom uses the cloth thing for her bed in s'pore. if they don't sell it in the states, try visiting a craft shop or somewhere that sells cloth.

wandering.girl said...

the cushions sound intriguing.. there are also sofa slipcovers but the arms are too bony to put a slip cover on so..